Cacao Almond Chia Bliss Balls
Cacao Almond Chia Bliss Balls (Recipe)
Adapted from The Flavour Bender
This bliss balls recipe is the perfect snack for those who are always on the go, but who are trying to lead a healthy lifestyle.
These are so indulgent; you may forget that you are eating something that is healthy! The dates provide natural sweetness and fudgy texture that makes these so addictive, while the almonds add an element of crunch that compliments the chewiness perfectly.
What’s more, is that these bliss balls pack a large nutrient punch – the dates are full of fibre to keep you fuller for longer, whilst chia seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids which improve heart health. Then, of course, are the almonds, which have benefits for nearly every part of your body – from your DNA to your biggest muscles and bones (see our Health Benefits page for more).
Another thing about these bliss balls is that they are very versatile! If you do not like chia seeds, for example, or would like to add an ingredient such as dried cranberries, the recipe can easily be adjusted. Although, we would recommend having extra dates on hand, just in case the additional ingredients cause the mixture to become too dry.
We have really enjoyed preparing these for work, especially during our busier periods when we don’t necessarily have the time to prepare a healthy snack. We prepare a large amount of these balls at the beginning of the week and store them in the fridge – ready to be eaten at any time.
Continue scrolling to find the recipe for these Cacao Almond Chia Bliss Balls!
Almond Chia Bliss Balls
Image for illustration purposes only.
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup Belehris Estates almonds
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup black chia seeds
- ½ cup cacao powder (add more if a more chocolatey taste is desired)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Water, as required
- If dates are dry, soak them until just covered in a bowl of warm water for approximately 1 hour, or until they are soft.
- In a food processor, blend the almonds until they reach small chunks.
- Drain the dates (if soaked) and add to the almonds. Blend until just combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients, apart from the water, until combined and the mixture sticks together.
- Add water, in small increments at a time, until the mixture sticks together, if necessary.