A Chicken Nugget Recipe that is Actually Healthy for Your Kids
Adapted from: Kidspot.com.au
Sick of your kids heating frozen snacks from a box (ahem, dino nuggets, ahem)? Here is your perfect quick, easy, and healthy alternative – homemade chicken nuggets with an almond meal coating!
Using orchard-fresh Belehris Estates almonds as a coating gives these snacks a beautifully crisp outside and tender centre that will keep your kids wanting more. However, eating more of these nuggets is a good thing! Almonds are packed with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals (see our Health Benefits page) that will nourish and fuel your children to feel their best. Irresistible taste and highly nutritious, it is a win-win!
Scroll below to get the recipe for your children’s new holy grail snack!
Almond Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Image for illustration purposes only.
- 1 ½ cups Belehris Estates Almonds
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 3 free-range eggs, beaten
- Olive oil, for frying
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Mix almonds in a high-powered blender or food processor at 15-20 second intervals until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Combine the almond meal with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cut the chicken fillets into bite-sized pieces and combine with egg mixture.
- Individually coat each chicken piece with almond meal mixture.
- Heat the oil in a ceramic pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the chicken on both sides until cooked through and golden brown on the outside.
Serve with your favourite low-fat sauce.